Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

When i set up account i put for recovery account now i can…

Customer Question
When i set up...

When i set up account i put***@******.*** for recovery account now i can not recover because they send it to address that does not exist

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

It is outlook that i entered that

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I can access my yahoo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Can you fix my typo

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/21/2018
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Unfortunately there is no way for anyone to fix the typo for you. Only you can do this. It is set up this way for security reasons no one not even yahoo knows the password ***** get into your account.

If you have already tried all of the steps at the password ***** page here then unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password ***** use the back up options that are showing to you.

If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in without verifying it is yours. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password.

Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since it sounds like you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more time looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from being able to reset the password ***** the online recovery tool. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

In your case it seems your only option is to remember the password ***** you can log into the old account and change the phone number on file. Don't give up, try and make a list of any passwords you have used in the past and everyday try a couple of new passwords.

Thank you