Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My yahoo address is gczahnd2. In January I was asked to

Customer Question
My yahoo address is...

My yahoo address is gczahnd2. In January I was asked to change my password. I clicked (several times since then) on FORGOT PASSWORD. Window "DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO g***********@******.***. This account is [email protected] I click on YES. I, after many attempt have never received the sent code. Yahoo does not recognize my telephone number. Help!!!!

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Phone number has changed. I may have provided security questions but I don't remember. I have had this account for over 10 years.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

My current telephone number is(###) ###-####

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/22/2018
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 3 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

When could you last sign into your account?

Please let me know

Thank you

Please note I gave you incorrect information. My Yahoo acciount is cgzahnd2 NOT gczahnd2. I last was able to sign into my account some time in mid January.

Thanks

When you now try to sign in, what message do you get?

I AM TOLD TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD. When I click on "forgot your password" i get a window that says "do you have access to gou****[email protected] gmail.com (that address is***@******.***) when I click on YES I am told that a code for me to use to change my password ***** be sent to that gmail account. I have tried this many times over the past several week and that code has never been send to that gmail account. As for paying $39.00 to switch to a Secure Remote Assistance, that sounds reasonable to me and I would be willing to do that, but not now. It would be the first of April before I would have the funds to pay the $39.00. I am a senior on a very limited income. By tis time of the month I am out of funds period.

Thanks

In your Gmail account, go to the spam folder, do you see the email there?

Please let me know

There are no messages fom Yahoo in the gmail spam folder.

ok, then the address you gave was incorrect, Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.