Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My gmail will not empty my inbox when I them to be sent to…

My gmail will not...

My gmail will not empty my inbox when I mark them to be sent to trash. Sometimes they go there but keep coming back to inbox . They can even be from months back.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Don’t know any to try

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Bo

3/21/2018
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.
Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once shut down your computer and turn it back on.
Let me know when this is done.

I’m on my phone notcomputer.
Odo I need to turn my phone off

Well you have selected the category as computer so I though it's your computer.

That's alright.

Did you try deleting your inbox from the computer?

No

Okay, then try doing that.

And let me know if your phone still shows those messages.

Trying it now get back in just a minute
My daughter has my computer and I can’t get hold of her to try it

Take your time and let me know.

I can’t get to my computer my daughter Removed my acct from the computer
Can I hust connect to u and u fix it
Are u there ?

Am here.Sorry didn't get you.

I pulled up my email in ny husbands computer and deleted all trash. Haven’t checked what it did yet but I’ll do that right now.

Alright, thank you for the update?

Pulled up my email back on my phone and message is it’s not answering because I need to check my settings. When I went to the computer I had to change my password ***** I did.
I did delete over 400 emails from trash
The old emails are still coming back to the inbox

Okay, what phone is that?

iPhone 6s
Would u like me to do securely connect?

May I know whether you have uninstalled the gmail app and tried to uninstall and reinstall the app?

No I didn’t know I could

Okay, please try to long press the gmail icon you will be able to see the x mark on the icon just tap the icon and it will uninstall the gmail app then go to app store and reinstall the App again.Please let me know once you do this.

I’ve had a hard time getting my phone straightened out before I could uninstalled the email. I’ve got a migraine and can’t do any more tonight. I’ll get it done in the morning and let u know as soon as it’s done. Thanks for working with me & being so paitent.lm 72 & don’t know much about all this stuff.
I can’t do that because I’ll loose what I have saved .

Sorry for the delayed response.

Do you know what your gmail password *****?

It is Harley2003

Then you can uninstall and reinstall the gmail using this password.

You wont lose any information.

I deleted gmail and installed the gmail app done!

Now please check if your old email comes up.

far it’s good. I’ll check it again in 30 minutes to make sure it’s doing alright & I’ll let you know

Sure, thank you.

Check it and let me know.

It seems to be working correctly . If it does it again I’ll let you know. Thank you so much for your help. I’m sure with me not knowing all about the mechanics of doing things on this phone had to be trying. I really appreciate you working with me. I certainly would request you again and would recommend you. Thanks again, Mary Helen Mack Steinhatchee , Fl

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to give me a 5-star rating.

And thank you so much for contacting Just Answer.

You can also directly write back to me

https://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-suhasini/

I wish you have an awesome day ahead!

Suhasini Velu