Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I got a message on my landline telling me my license key for…

Customer Question
I got a message...

I got a message on my landline telling me my license key for Microsoft on my computer had expired and to call(###) ###-#### Should I call this number?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Vtech

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your VTech system? What have you tried so far?

First time

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No I tried this and paid but got cut off

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/21/2018
Email technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you with this!

These phone calls are NOT legitimate. This is a scam that is going around right now where someone will call you and tell you that you have some kind of problem with your computer, such as your Microsoft license expiring or that your computer has been hacked or that you have a virus and so on. The whole thing just a ploy to get money from you.

When you purchase your computer you also purchase the license for Windows and this license is good for life. You don't have to renew it.

Many people are receiving these calls right now, so you are not the only one. If you receive calls like this in the future, simply ignore them.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to answer them for you.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better so that I receive credit for assisting you. Just click to rate.

Are you still with me? Do you have any other questions on this?

If not, please remember to use the rating box at the top to rate the answer at least 3 STARS or better to end our chat session for today.