Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

TO SEND MAIL FROM MY IPHONE. ALO. IPHONE. I CAN'T EVEN

I AM UNABLE TO...

I AM UNABLE TO SEND MAIL FROM MY IPHONE.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

ALO

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

IPHONE

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I CAN'T EVEN CONTACT OUTLOOK SUPPORT. IT JUST DOES NOT SEND

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

NO, THE POROBLEM IS OIN MY PHINE, NOT THIS COMPUTER.

3/21/2018
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

Ok so your on your iphone, how are you accessing your mail? through apple mail icon or aol app?

First thing I need you to do is to go online with your computer and try to sign into your email account using a browser

I just need you to verify you can get into the account no problem

Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am in aol now. but, I can change to ie or google

Change to google please and try to sign into your account and then change your password ***** needed

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need this on my phone (###) ###-####not 0on my computer, which works fine

Do you understand what we are trying to accomplish here?

I need you to sign into a browser such as google to verify you can login to your account from start to finish

Once verified we can then apply those settings to your phone

Once you have done that we will continue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i am signed on through google to aol

Excellent....Did you have to change your password ***** did it log you straight in no problems?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no - no problem logging in

Great - Now how do you access your AOL email on your phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
AOL email ok - it's outlook mobile which uses the AOL email address

Ok I need you to delete that outlook mailbox from your phone and then we need to add it back again

Do you know how to do that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think so - but walk me through it

OPEN OUTLOOK APP

ONCE YOU ARE IN MAILBOX

TAP 3 LINES IN TOP LEFT CORNER TO OPEN MENU

BOTTOM LEFT CORNER YOU WILL SEE SETTINGS ICON / LOOKS LIKE A GEAR OR COG

TAP YOUR ACCOUNT YOU WANT TO DELETE

SELECT DELETE ACCOUNT

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
only from this device correct?

Yes only this device unless others are effected too..

REPEAT STEPS TO GET TO SETTINGS

TAP ADD ACCOUNT

TAP ADD EMAIL ACCOUNT

TYPE IN EMAIL ADDRESS

go through setup process and you should have a fully functioning email inbox/outbox

If this fails for any reason, let me know if it gives a reason for failure

At that point we will get you setup in apple mail at least until we can figure out the outlook issue IF it still exists

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
typed in email address and password ***** got error message to try again - doing that
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
says NOT IMAP on top of screen on phone
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
should I accept the IMAP icon?

Yes IMAP is best to do if you have the option to do so

Incoming mail server (IMAP): imap.aol.com

IMAP - 993 - SSL

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.aol.com

SMTP - 465 - SSL

Make sure SSL encryption is enabled for the incoming and outgoing mail server.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where do I find those settings

you should see a toggle switch to use advanced settings.. turn it on

If you do not see it, start over and be sure to select advanced settings after you get to the IMAP screen so you can enter all the above info into it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
delete and start over or just close email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Deleted from device - re entered email address and password ***** settings match what you gave now even showing smpt settings it says not IMAP
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
re entered again - this time IMAP ok and settings are what you sent - but says invalid IMAP username and/or passwordchecked user name - and tried both passwords - the one for AOL and the one for Outlook - neither worked
is the smpt password ***** aol or outlook
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What do I do now - message says unable to log in I checked smpt server settings
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you don't respond quickly - I will start a new session with another expert and post an unfavorable review while asking for a refund - your time lag is unacceptable.
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Do you still need help here? Is your problem resolved or not at all? Please advise. Thanks.

Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner