Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My.Yahoo RSS feeds won't load. Many seem to be having this…

Customer Question
My.Yahoo RSS feeds won't...

My.Yahoo RSS feeds won't load. Many seem to be having this issue. When do you expect to fix it?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Laptop

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, if dozens are having the issue, it seems to be a yahoo problem, No?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No. This has nothing to do with email all to do with my home page with Yahoo

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/21/2018
Email technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

My name is David.

What is the name of the web browser you use to access the RSS feeds (such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari)?

I use both Firefox and Microsoft Explorer. and it won't load on either. At least dozens of others on the web have the same issue. This is not a browser issue.
I use both Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer. and it won't load on either. At least dozens of others on the web have the same issue. This is not a browser issue.

Try removing and re-adding one of the RSS feeds and let me know if the feed you remove then add starts working.

I have done this previously and several times. It improves nothing. There are dozens of people out there that I've read with similar issues on so called "help sites".
You do not seem to want to acknowledge that this is a Yahoo issue. You don't agree?

I agree that it is a Yahoo issue and I agree that many other people have experienced the same issue. That being the case I am working to provide you with workarounds that may help get it working until Yahoo provides a permanent fix.

I have noticed that many people are now using iGoogle Portal to replace their Yahoo RSS feeds by opening the iGoogle Portal then copying each of their RSS feed links into iGoogle Portal where they work without issues.

Would seem to me to it'd be best if Yahoo fixed their problem. Also, I authorized a $5 charge for this conversation and I just noticed that I've been billed $45 and $5. If you can fix that, please do. Otherwise I'll simply complain to my credit card and cease ever using Yahoo again.

Yes, it would be best if Yahoo fixed the issue - not clear why it has not been fixed already.

Regarding the charges, click the Just Answer customer service link on your screen to contact Just Answer customer service and they will help address the charges to your credit card.

I have provided a couple of workarounds such as iGoogle Portal which others are using successfully yet, if I understand correctly, you would rather wait for Yahoo to fix the RSS feeds than to use an alternative that is working without issues. I do understand - most people prefer to work with something with which they are familiar.

That being the case, I am going to open this question up to other experts that may have additional ideas.

Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Are you talking about this one?

http://rss.news.yahoo.com/rss

Thanks!
Appreciate your responses. I'll take up the other issue with them as you suggest.
Goodbye,
Patrick

Yes, that would be the one to which I am referring.

Best regards,

David.