Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I haven't used my gmail account since I can't remember when…

Customer Question
Hi. I haven't...

Hi. I haven't used my gmail account since I can't remember when and would like to start again. I can't remember my ID or my password. Can you help or should I just establish a new account? Phone number is(###) ###-#### The email address I've used for years is my work email***@******.***.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes on desktop

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not sure. maybe

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
3/21/2018
Email technician: Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner replied 1 month ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Please enter your phone number HERE then it will ask your name...

This will pull up your gmail account so you can then reset your password ***** get back into the account

Please let me know the outcome or if you need more guided help

Thanks Mike

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is my user ID? can't remember that either

Your user ID is your email address and if you follow that link it will prompt you to put in your phone number and proceed to pull your account up if all security matters are answered correctly during that process

If for security reasons you cannot pull up your account and or perhaps it has been hacked during the period you havent used it, it would be far less painful for you to open a new gmail account if you are ok with letting it go..

You can do that HERE

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, but are we talking about my***@******.*** email address or my @gmail.com address. The latter is what I'm trying to recover and start using again.

Your question stated you wanted to start using your gmail address again so the info was geared towards you finding your gmail address and getting back into it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't know my gmail address. is it***@******.***;***@******.***;***@******.***; etc. All I get when I try to establish a new account is that those are already taken.

best way to do this is for me to login to your computer and guide you through

I already gave info on how to get your email address so I think it would be easier if I did it for you with your assistance

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Never mind. Than you.

When you go to my link and type in your phone number what happens?

If you wish to continue in chat that is just fine, it will just take longer which is also fine

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All I wanted was my long ago established gmail address and password. We’re done here. Thank you.

I cannot make those magically appear, I need you to follow the steps in order to accomplish that..

Gmail or google does not have customer service as its a free service so nobody can just give you that info and certainly not without verification steps... If you follow my advice you will get back into your account

Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Lead Technician and Owner