Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I seem to have lost my emails from today and yesterday.

Customer Question
I seem to have...

I seem to have lost my emails from today and yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

Yes coming up empty

Technician's Assistant: What email provider are you using (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

Aol

Technician's Assistant: Are you checking your AOL mail in your browser or using an email client (such as Outlook)?

In my aol browser

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
3/21/2018
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Based on your information provided, you are accessing your email by going to mail.aol.com (on the browser). Do you use Outlook or any other email program on any other computer or device?

no
no thanks

Okay! I'll explain a bit of why I asked that question. There's not a lot of reasons why mail would disappear from your inbox other than someone deleting manually, it being marked as spam, or it is downloaded to another computer. With Outlook or other email programs, it can be setup to download new messages and delete that message from AOL.com's email. If you know absolutely sure that you don't have it setup anywhere else, then you've got an issue with someone potentially deleting your emails.

Please disregard the ad to secure connect. That's just the webpage offering that and not me.

I would recommend that you change your password ***** I can provide the steps for you if needed on how to do that.

Other than that, there's no other reason that you have deleted emails in your AOL webmail. AOL doesn't delete messages so it's going to be on of the three options from earlier.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! I would be happy to help provide any clarification or further details you may need.

If you do not need any further help, just as a reminder before you go, please give me a quick rating at the top right. Hopefully I have earned 5 stars today! This helps me receive credit for helping you today. It also keeps me locked to your question if you want to follow up with me again. Have a great rest of your day!