Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

How do i erase emails sent before a specific date? i need to…

Customer Question
How do i erase...

How do i erase emails sent before a specific date? i need to free up space on my g mail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my pc and laptop on chrome

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I went to gmail and when i went to the arrows that move newer and older there used to be a link to oldest and then started erasing page by page,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats all i can think of. what does this cost

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Email
3/21/2018
Email technician: Chris L., Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. You can still view the oldest messages first by doing the following:

Look at the area right above all your messages and to the right. There's a number there that shows how many emails are in that folder. For example, you might see 1-100 of 3,477 if you have over 3,000 emails in that folder, and your Gmail account is configured to show 100 messages per page.
Hover your mouse over that area until a small menu drops down.
Choose Oldest from that menu. You should immediately be taken to the last page of emails in that folder. The oldest email is the last one on the screen

One other suggestions I have to maybe make this quicker is to use the gmail search at the top of the inbox. Click the down facing arrow in the search for advanced search and select "Has Attatchment" as these emails are likely what is taking up the most space. Gmail gives you 15GB of space so text email would take a long time to fill up but if you have a lot of email with attachments those could be taking up a lot of space. Another thing you can do if you wish is get more storage on this page: https://drive.google.com/u/0/settings/storage?hl=en My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist