Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Outlook 2013 new setup on win 10 machine and getting a

Customer Question
Outlook 2013 new setup...

Outlook 2013 new setup on win 10 machine and getting a update in progress and metered connection warning that won't go awat

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Running Office 2010 std locally. all updates have been run. Internet a fast connection

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No - running AVG free (current version with updates)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I have run a scan for corruption and run CCleaner

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Email technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 1 month ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

When you get the metered connection notice, does it give you the option to continue anyway?

Is your computer hardwired to the router or is it connected wirelessly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it just a notice. Problem is I think with the update piece I can't send or receive emails or access the account info. I can see old emails and my archive

Thank you. Is your computer hardwired to the router or is it connected wirelessly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think I'll go back to the Microsoft forums and try that route

Please ignore the pop up. I didn't send it.

Click the start menu button and open Settings (the gear icon)

On the Settings page click Network & Internet.

From the vertical menu on the left select Wi-fi

You'll see your wi-fi network name to the right (it should say connected, secured)

Left click on the network name to open it up.

Down a little bit you'll see Metered Connection

Move the slider to turn it off.

Let me know the result please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On a direct Ethernet connection and metered slide is off
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On a 60 MB Cable modem connection with no one else on the network
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just ran a CNET Speedteat and it shows 59 MB/S down and 7 MB/S upload
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Speedtest
Email technician: Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant replied 1 month ago
Kamil Anwar, Exchange & Email Consultant

Can we do a remote session? If not fixed, ill request your money to be refunded.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Figured it out myself. Needed to run repair on the entire Office 2013 suite from Add/Remove ProgramsI would appreciate the refundGreg

You can request cancellation by calling 1(###) ###-####/p>

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist