Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Jess, I have a Google email that I use for business. My

Customer Question
Hi Jess, I have...

Hi Jess, I have a Google email that I use for business. My company just set up a business Google email with a private domain for us all to use. I now need to transfer all of my Google Calandar and Google Docs over to the business account. Please help!

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone and web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, I've just looked around trying to find the setting to transfer everything over

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/20/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
In your case, you can manually export your calendars from your personal Gmail, then IMPORT it to your business Gmail. Here are the steps described by Gmail.

1. On your computer, open Google Calendar (https://calendar.google.com/). You can't export your calendar from the Google Calendar app.
  2. In the top right, click Settings Settings.
  3. Click the Calendars tab.
  4. Between the "My Calendars" and "Other Calendars" sections, click Export calendars.

A ZIP file will be downloaded to your computer. If you open the ZIP file, you'll see individual ICS files for each of your calendars.

After you've exported your events, you can import them into Google Calendar.

1. Open Google Calendar (https://calendar.google.com/) on a computer. Note: You can only import from a computer, not a phone or tablet.
  2. In the top right, click Settings > Settings.
  3. Open the Calendars tab.
  4. Click Import calendar between the "My calendars" and "Other Calendars" sections.
  5. Click Choose File and select the file you exported. The file should end in "ics" or "csv"
  6. Choose which calendar to add the imported events to. By default, events will be imported into your primary calendar.
  7. Click Import.

If you're using a ZIP file, find it on your computer and open it. You'll see ICS files for each of your calendars. Take the individual files out of the ZIP file, and import each ICS file individually.

Now, regarding your Google Docs question, to move Google Docs from one account to another the best way to do this is to SHARE your files from Google Drive (you are redirected to Google Drive from Google Docs when you manage your files). Here are the steps:

1. Sign in to your Google Drive.
  2. Open the FOLDER that you want to Share to your business gmail. You need to do these steps for ALL the folders on your personal account.
  3. When the files are displayed, click on the folder name at the top (My Drive >> Name of Folder) then locate and click SHARE
  4. Enter your business email address then click DONE.
  5. Now, using another device or another web browser, access your Google Drive of the business account and the shared files should be there.

IMPORTANT: The files are being shared only so make sure that you keep all your files from your personal Gmail so that they will remain available in the business account.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess