Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Awe you are good. I have both Gmail And outlook. But please…

Customer Question
Awe you are good. ...

Awe you are good.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I have both Gmail And outlook. But please understand you are dealing with the lowest of all low tech people on the planet (please bare with).

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have used some of the step by step methods provided by google. I am worried I may be trying to change what I consider a legacy account.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Is therea number I can speak with a tech at?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/20/2018
Email technician: John, Email Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Could you please explain the issue you are facing on your email account and on which email account are you facing this issue?

Are you using a windows or mac computer?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

I am trying to change one of my google account names back to its original.

You mean your gmail address username like***@******.*** to***@******.*** ?

I may go this route if all else fails. I am not sure what all this is costing me as of right now.
39 is not a problem

The original question value is 38$.if you want remote assistance its additional which is 39$ but before going for remote support could you please answer the following.

Are you trying to change your gmail address username like***@******.*** to***@******.*** ?

sir, I am trying to change ***@******.*** back to what I had originally***@******.***.

Sorry to say that you cannot change it to a different email user name.Changing user name means changing email address itself which means a new email address.

The only option is to keep both email accounts if you do not want to loose emails in it.

Is***@******.*** your business email account ?

sir,I had thought to delete the [email protected] but am worried it to be tied to a legacy account.
John, I believe maybe i am saying this wrong. My only need to change is to get it off google.
Im not sure how it was made as a primary account

Do you mean you want to delete [email protected] permanently?

sir. It is a obsolete account but I dont want to disrupt my other accounts. Plus Im trying to get my origianl [email protected] account back as a primary.

Do you currently have access to all these emails accounts?

sir

Are you using a windows computer ?

In that case its best i access your computer and see if the***@******.*** can be made primary without deleting the old gmail permanently.Shall i give you the link to do remote support.

Thanks John, for security purposes I will hold off and use this as a last resort. I may have my IT guy try one other thing and if that does not work I will be back in touch. It is nice to know i have an alternative if it does not work. You have been great, thank you sir. Have a great day.

No problem i can understand.You too have a great day too.