Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

This is sasha hoge and my friend is right beside me and he…

Customer Question
Hello this is sasha...

Hello this is sasha hoge and my friend is right beside me and he does not remember his password ***** his emial and he does not have that phone number any longer. So my question is how can he get his password

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yeah but i am not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No can i talk to someone plz

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/20/2018
Email technician: syseng, Information Systems Professional replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Information Systems Professional

hello,

My name is David.

What is the name of his email service provider?

Gmail

Ok, thanks.

First open the Gmail login page at Gmail.com.
Type in your Email address and then click NEXT.
Click on ”Forgot my password”
Click on the ”Try a different question” link (this is very important because if one reset option does not work, another may reset the password *****).
Choose if you want to receive your verification code to your mobile number via Text or by voice call. (Don’t close the page yet). Select the option that works best for you and click the Send Text Message or Call Me button to submit the request.
When you have received the verification code, insert the code into the box provided by Google to verify it is you then enter a new password ***** test login.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

I no longer have the phone that I have on file even when I try to send it to a different email address it says can’t verify it is me

Does the "Try a different question" link give you any other options?

Also, have you tried all web browsers that have been used to login to his Gmail account (some web browsers such as Firefox and Chrome will save the passwords and allow you to view the saved passwords from earlier sessions)?

I tried all the ways in the different questions but let me try the chrome way I’ll let you know

Ok, sounds good - please let me know the result.