Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Box keeps popping up every 5 se4conds asking for my user…

Customer Question
Box keeps popping up...

Box keeps popping up every 5 se4conds asking for my user name and password ***** the following server. smtp.att.yahoo.com

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No. I have never had to re-enter any of this information. I cannot send or receive mail

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No security questions that I am aware of. Never had to enter a phone number to reset anything.,

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
3/20/2018
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 5 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Please, do not create duplicate tasks on this website. Stay on this page.

firefox

I am sorry to report, but it appears that your bank or credit card company is blocking the payment. You will have to contact your bank or credit card company, let them know that the payment is okay to be processed and that they need to remove the block. Once the block is removed, you may click the "Update Payment Info" button, come back to this page, and click the "Accept Offer" button once more.

Exactly what are you charging me for your expert service and how many different charges. One time use, monthly and/or remote access?

I am not part of the billing department, so I don't have access to your account.

As it stands, the charges are for this task and there is an additional one time charge for the remote connection.

There is no block on this card unless you have submitted multiple charges.

There is another one time charge for the remote session, which was blocked.

Forget the remote and answer my original question

Your problem is that you have some email application trying to send out emails. You said that you use Firefox. Firefox will not do this.

The mail program may have been opened by accident. So in order to fix this, simply restart your computer. In other words, turn your computer off and turn it back on.

Did that remove the box from popping up?

Restarting the computer did not help

You restarted the computer and it only took 90 seconds?

I need for you to turn the computer OFF and on. I think you may have just put the computer to sleep or into standby mode.

Press and hold the power button until the computer turns off. When it is off, turn it back on.

This problem started yesterday and I turned the computer off last night and turned it back on this morning.

Thank you for the update. That means that some email program is trying to send an email. The email program shouldn't open automatically when you turn the computer on, which means that you are opening the email program.

Which email program are you using?

Outlook

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 13
- And then click the circle button to start the remote application.
After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.

I am offering to connect at no extra cost. This will expedite the fixing of this problem. Please, run the remote instructions from above.

You are sending info on my cell phone. How can you remotely help me on my desktop computer

You can go to your desktop computer, open your email account, open the email that was sent to you by JustAnswer.com, and click the Link that was Posted in that email. When you do that, it will bring you to this page.

If I cannot send or receive messages how do I do that?

You can use Firefox to access your email account. You can go to the webmail portion of your email account and do so. Or you can go to Justanswer.com on your computer and log into your Justanswer.com account.

Cannot access email

I think we found your problem.

If you go to http://mail.yahoo.com are you able to sign in there? If not the problem is with your password.

Please, follow the instructions below to reset your Yahoo password:
- Click the following link: http://edit.yahoo.com/forgot?login
- On that first page, choose the "My account may have been compromised" option and click the Next button.
- Fill out the requested questions and fill in the data when asked for it
You will then be given the chance to reset your password.

Did that work for you?

No. Error code 652314 appeared

The error code appeared when you followed my instructions to reset the password?

When did that error message appear?

When I went to the site you recommended. It asked me for my email and the error code appeared

Thank you. So you got the message after you typed your email address on the page?

Can this site help me if my email is***@******.*** and not an yahoo email?

Yes