Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Incorrect emails posting to my account. .Gmail. Phone & web…

Incorrect emails posting to...

Incorrect emails posting to my account

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

.Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone & web browser. The problem is I receive an occasional email that omits the "." that is in the center of my address . Correct is calvin.lamar, incorrect is Calvin LaMar. Help?

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Only, notified senders when mistake occures

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

PayPal is the most recent email erroneously sent to me today

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Verizon is my provider
3/20/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Gmail does not recognize the . in a gmail user name ever. So with or without it it will be sent to the same account.

If the sender added dots to your address, you'll still get that email. No one else sees your emails, and no one can take your account. For example, if your email is *****@******.***, you own all dotted versions of your address:

• *****@******.***
  • *****@******.***
  • *****@******.***

If you still think the message was meant for someone else, contact the sender to let them know they mistyped the email address.

Usually this happens when someone has a similar gmail address to you and they give it out to people incorrectly. But as I said google does not recognize the . as shown in the example above. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist
Chris L., Support Specialist