Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

CONNECTING WITH SOMEONE IN THE ATLANTA AREA. ARE YOU HAVING…

Customer Question
I AM NOT CONNECTING...

I AM NOT CONNECTING WITH SOMEONE IN THE ATLANTA AREA. ARE YOU HAVING OUTAGES IN THAT AREA?

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

QWEST

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

SENDING MESSAGES BUT NO REAPONSE SINCE 5 PM YESTERDAY

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
TRYING TO CONNECT WITH A PERSON IN THE ATLANTA AREA SINCE 5PM YRSTERDAY. IS GMAIL DOWN IN THAT AREA?
NEED AN EMAIL RESPONSE
3/20/2018
Email technician: Jamie Macko, Email Specialist replied 3 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist

Thanks for you question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

Gmail is not down in any areas currently.
Here are some quick questions I have for you.

1) Have you sent to this persons email address successfully before?
2) Did you check your junk/spam mail folder for a response?

3) Do you have this persons cell or landline phone number?
4) Did you get any bounceback message stating that the email was delayed, or undeliverable?

Gmail is not down, however their (The person you are sending to) ISP (internet service provider) my be down and they do not have internet access. Unless the get their email on their smartphone, then they should still be able to receive it.

Please let me know the answers to those questions and we can continue more advanced troubleshooting of this.

-Jamie

1. yes 2 no 3 no 4 no

OK, thanks for the info. When you sent this email did you send it from your computer or smartphone?
What I would like to do is to verify it is showing in the send items of gmail. We may also want to resend the email, but put a delievery receipt and a read receipt on the email. This way you will get confirmation that the email was received. Then you will get another confirmation email when the person opens and reads the email.

Let me know if you would like detailed instructions on how to accomplish these tasks. Or we can do a remote session and I can view your screen with you and help with these tasks.

Thanks,

Jamie

Any update on this? Has the email gone through? Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Jamie