Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

The screen jumps around, font changes, letters come up i the…

The screen jumps around...

The screen jumps around , font changes, letters come up i the wrong place as I type.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/20/2018
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me which browser you using to access outlook with?

Please let me know

Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can he fix it?

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
736 681 323
9225
the cursor jumps around too

It says you closed the program or gave me the wrong ID.

You have to leave the program open so I can connect, open it again, give me the new password ***** tells you and double check the Id and leave it open please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sorry..
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't see a new password

Are you on a windows computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Windows 10
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It still jumps around and is slower than before

Just in outlook it is jumping around?

Are you on a laptop?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a laptopbut i don't move it from my desk

You use a mouse or the touchpad?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mouse
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it just started again, and the font went too small to read. the cursor goes all over the place while I'm typing....lost my story

When did this problem start?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
about two months ago I think

ok, I want to do a system restore please.

To do this, close all programs.

Press the windows key (the one to the left of the left ALT key) + R and type in the run box that opens

rstrui

Press enter

Then follow the onscreen steps to choose a system restore and choose a date before this problem occurred.

Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I din't get a calendar...tried to set a restore date....I'll try to follow up withthat ..it's slow, so I'll contact you later. Thanks
Richard, Email Systems Specialist