Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Can't get into my gmail account on my desktop. It's asking…

Hi. Can't get...

Hi. Can't get into my gmail account on my desktop. It's asking me to enter user name and password ***** imap.gmail.com. It doesn't accept the information I believe to be correct.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes, my iPhone

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I also got that same message for something besides imap but I cannot remember what it was

3/20/2018
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.

What's the make / model of your computer?

Have you tried anything at the gmail.com website?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help Thank you.

HP; don't know model
No to gmail website

Thank you. Is there any error or message when signing in your gmail email address at the gmail.com website?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Viet - Email Tech
i'm looking for model

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/yb68ajgh
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.

Thank you.

You're welcome.