Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Fraudulent charge for Hampton Suites hotel in Canton Ohio…

Customer Question
Fraudulent charge for Hampton...

Fraudulent charge for Hampton Suites hotel in Canton Ohio charged to an expired credit card in my name changed google password ***** I need to do anything else?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Use library pc and my email apparently is on my phone even though I do not use it

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes you have my phone number pretty sure I have already reset password ***** I need to do anything else?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/20/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. How did you learn about this fraudulent charge? Did you receive an email?
  2. If you did receive an email telling you about the charges, I believe it was a phishing email made by a scammer to steal your online account. But was there a LINK on that email message that you click and then you were redirected to a page that COLLECTS your account information like your password?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess