Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

The flashlight on my Apple 5 i Phone has stopped working. I…

The flashlight on my...

The flashlight on my Apple 5 i Phone has stopped working

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know. How can I tell?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It's only been within the last week or so. I rarely use the flashlight so I'm not sure how long it may have been inoperative before I noticed it. I turned the phone off and back on again but it still didn't work.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/19/2018
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

Ddoes the flash work if you take a photo?

I'll try it and let you know.
no, it doesn't.

Ok, try this;

This will not remove any personal data but will reset iOS options back to current system defaults. You may have to re-enter passwords for Wi-Fi and other services.

On the device;

tap Settings

tap General

tap Reset

tap Reset All Settings

The device should eventually restart.

Test to see if the issue is resolved.

no thank you. I think it may be time for me to get a new phone.

Did you try the above to see if it fixed the issue?

I tried it and it still doesn’t work

Ok, thanks for the update. Sadly that would indicate that it is a physical defect in nature and require service or replacement.

John T. F., Apple Consultant