Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

How can I import contacts from my other gmail account? Web…

How can I import...

How can I import contacts from my other gmail account?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser and phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's a new account. I had just manually set up a bunch of contacts into another gmail account. I clicked import but don't know what to do.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I either want to change the account email address or I want to pull over the contacts out of the other new account.

3/19/2018
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

Are you still able to sign into the old account and able to access the information in the account?

Thank you for responding.

Please, give me a couple minutes to type up my response along with the instructions.

No thank you. I just want the information. It seems I should be able to find the answer. I would love your help but I dont want to spent $39. That's kind of crazy.

I am assuming that you are referring to the remote session, which is offered automatically. Please, give me a couple minutes to type up my response.

Please, follow the instructions below to export the contacts from the old account and then import them into the new account:

- Log into the old account.

- On the top left of the page, click "Gmail" and then click "Contacts"

- In the window that comes up, in the left pane, click More and then click Export

- If it asks to go to the old version, choose to do so.

- On the new page, on the top of the page, click More and choose Export

- Click the blue Export button

- Save that file.

Now log into the New Gmail account:

-

- On the new page, on the top of the page, click More and choose Import

- Click the "Choose File" button and choose the file that you saved earlier.

- Click the open and then the Import button.

Once that is complete, you are all set.

Please, do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page.

Thank you,

Jason

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason

Jason Jones, Computer Technician