Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need help getting into my account. I forgot my password…

Customer Question
I need help getting...

I need help getting into my account. I forgot my password ***** the yahoo help center doesn’t help me get it back

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?

No... this is my eighth time talking to you and I still haven’t received help. It’s been a month and I’m still locked out of my page I work from my page so imagine what I’ve been going through

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I have security questions I can answer but it’s not giving me that option

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I just really need to get into my account

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
My email to my account is***@******.*** I’m confused as to why you don’t need that information. I think that’s an important piece of information
How long does this take?
I’m gonna get my refund soon. I don’t know what’s going on.
3/20/2018
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 6 months ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your account. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

When could you last sign into your account?

Please let me know

Thank you

I haven’t used it in a couple years
Why do you keep asking for money when the problem has yet to be fixed?
I don’t understand that. I’m not giving anymore of my money to you until you help me. I’ve already paid $47 dollars and where is my help? I want a refund.

Hi there

When you now try to sign in, what is the message you get?

Have you tried to call the phone number to see if anyone answers it?

Don’t know the full number. I’ve tried it all. I want to change the password ***** I can have the account

yes but to do that you need to access the account

If you do not have the number anymore and cannot call it then Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

What about yahoo removing the block off my instagram page. The picture that I sent pop up every time I try to log in to my instagram. Is there any way they can remove it?

If this is coming from inside the instagram app then this is from instagram, they use your yahoo account as your ID, so you will have an issue there as well.