Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I just opened a gmail account, but I did it on my wife's…

Customer Question
Hi. I just opened...

Hi. I just opened a gmail account, but I did it on my wife's computer. Now I'm trying to sign into the account on my computer, but I can't.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

I don't. This is the first gmail account I have opened.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have tried going to Google Accounts, but it brings up a screen to "create" a new account, not to log into an existing one. This happened when I clicked on the welcome email I received on my other email address,***@******.***, shich I entered as my contact email address when I set up the new gmail account on my wife's computer. When I tried to log in using the link I entered my new gmail address, but the response that came up was "name already taken". I know it is taken -- I had just created it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. All I want to be able to do is set an icon on my desktop so that I can log into the new gmail account on my computer. I will also need to have another person able to log into it from another computer using my user name and password. I do not want to replace my existing email account at coinsmith.com, I only want to use the gmail account for a totally separate and independent purpose as a candidate for political office.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/19/2018
Email technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

It sounds like the page is sending you to the page that is used to create a new account. Instead, you can click the "Sign in" link or click the link that I posted below to sign in.

Click this link to sign into your Gmail account: https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/identifier?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible. I hope that I have earned a 5 star rating. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Thank you,
***** *****