Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I was scammed out of $599 dollars this past Wed. It. The…

Customer Question
I was scammed out...

I was scammed out of $599 dollars this past Wed. It

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

The payment was made using 2 Google Play cards, one for $500, and one for $99.00. Our local police and bank were notified and i had to wait until everything posted to our bank account. I have the cards plus my receipts for the cards with the activation codes and redemption numbers. What can be done. It was supposedly a government grant. thank you. Our email provider is Google

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

By my phone. i tried to send the information through my phone, with pictures and for some reason it would not go through.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I am at work so all i have with me are pictures, actual documents are at home. I can see redemption numbers on cards and card numbers from the pictures though.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
3/19/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 3 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

If the payment was done on Google Play, have you reported this scam to Google?

I tried to do this through Gogle Play 3 times over the weekend with pictures and receipts but for some reason they were not excepted.

> they were not excepted.

Do you mean "accepted"?

sorry.

Please report unauthorized charges here.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2851610?hl=en

ok, doing this on my phone now.
I tried, and it says this site can't be reached.
I am not paying anymore money, i should not have to so do not take anymore, thanks

> this site can't be reached.

Do you mean the above link I provided did not work at your side? I just tested it again, it works.

Won't work on my phone.

Which device are you using to read my messages including this one?

Are you able to click HERE to see what happens?

Refund my unauthorized $48.00 to my acct. I have notified local authorities.

I am just a technician here for your technical challenges only. As I have no any access to your billing info, please speak with JustAnswer Customer Services for any of your billing concerns.

JustAnswer Customer Services

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Email technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!