Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I’ve received two messages informing me that my old and

I’ve received two messages...

I’ve received two messages informing me that my old and cherished email account with sbcglobal will shortly be deactivated but I can keep it if I confirm my password. Is this a hoax?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

It’s so old I’m not sure. Possibly Yahoo. The problem is that I’ve not used a password ***** this account in decades.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks. This is the only issue.

3/19/2018
Chris L., Support Specialist

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Yes this is a hoax. Do not click any links in the messages you received and make sure you can log into your email the way you always have. If you have no problem logging then you are fine and you can just delete the messages asking for your password. Messages like this are how most email accounts are hacked. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for providing you a quick answer! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Chris L., Support Specialist