Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My mother lives in plains New York. She has uber gift cards.

Customer Question
My mother lives in...

My mother lives in white plains New York. She has uber gift cards. The problem being she is not computer savy, or have access to any devices. How can she use the cards? Can she call for a ride? Please note she needs a ride to a doctor appointment this afternoon. Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

I don't have a uber account?

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

This is not applicable?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
3/19/2018
Email technician: Jamie Macko, Email Specialist replied 5 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist

Thanks for your question today, My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.

I personally use and work for Uber so I am pretty up to date on their policies. I checked on their site, and it does not look like there is an alternate way to redeem gift cards at this time. You need to do it via their app.

Since you mother does not have the app or any device to use the app, you can do this for her and schedule the ride.
Here is an article from Uber about gift cards and policies. You will see the steps for redeeming the gift card in their App we well:
https://www.uberkit.net/blog/need-know-uber-gift-cards/

Here is the info for scheduling a ride for someone else, you can also have her give you the gift card info so you can put it under your account and use it for her ride this afternoon:

You can use your app to request a ride for someone else. To do this, open the app, then:

1. Tap "Where to?" and enter your friend's pickup location
Note: You can only request rides for friends who are not in your location.
2. Select "Someone else"
3. Enter your Mother's contact details: Either select their contact information from the contact picker or type in their mobile number
4. Select your friend; make sure they have an arrow on their icon
5. Enter your friend's destination
6. Tap "Confirm Rider" and then "Request"

Once the trip is accepted, your friend will get text messages from Uber with details like the driver's ETA, the driver's name, license plate number, and vehicle make and model. Or you can use your number is ***** does not have a device to receive texts from, however you will need to call her with this info so she knows who is picking her up.

Note: The driver will see your friend's name exactly as it is listed in your contacts; this includes any nicknames you may use instead of their name.

It is not possible to request more than one ride at a time. When you request a ride for a friend, you'll need to wait until that trip ends before requesting a new ride for yourself or anyone else.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If this helps, please rate me 5 Stars!

Thanks,

Jamie