Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I got locked out of my google acct when I went to apple

Customer Question
I got locked out...

I got locked out of my google acct when I went to apple store and they reset my iPad to factory settings. I didn’t remember my password ***** I use fingerprint and other methods for so long. The tech had be type in code I thought it might be but that only messed things up because there were too many tries. When I came home I looked online and found google.com/recovery and they gave me a code and so now nothing works! What to do???

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes on my computer

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except i’M sleep deprived worrying about it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
3/19/2018
Email technician: Richard, Email Systems Specialist replied 1 month ago
Richard, Email Systems Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
If you now try to sign in, what is the exact message you receive?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hold on let me check, I’ve been afraid to try it again since last night

Ok thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you connecting?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What happened, where are you?

No... I asked you

Please let me know

You repied

"Hold on let me check, I’ve been afraid to try it again since last night"

I am very confused now why instead of telling me the results you reply

"What happened, where are you?"

I am here, waiting for you to do the instructions I asked you

What is the confusion here?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought you said you wanted to take over I pad and I said yes

The website offers that... and you did not request it yet so we continue here

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I request it

You have not requested it... either please request it or do the instructions I gave you initially

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just requested it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you want to see what the sight say I can send you a photo if you give me an email

do the instructions I gave you initially please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says sign in password
Forgot password
More options

ok, choose the option forgot password ***** follow the onscreen instructions to reset your password.

Tell me when you have please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to end this session

Sorry I am confused.. now you have the process to follow you wish to now end the session?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I followed that process before ! I said in my opening statement I did all that, I JUST WANT TO END THIS I HAVE TO GO TO WORK SOON AND I can,t do this anymore. And you seem rarther abrupt anyway

Ok no problem, the issue is the process was not being following correctly and this is what I was trying to help you with by stepping you through this.

The difficulty was the confusion you had initially with followig the instructions I kept repeating... which I spent some deal of time clearing up fopity.

A pity you feel this way and hope you get your issue resolved.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist