Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Help I looked at my friends gmail, yes had password, they…

Customer Question
Help I looked at...

Help I looked at my friends gmail, yes had password, they got notification, now wants to see my IP address, I am sure mine showed up on the gmail page that shows log in, is there a way to change my ip address before I have to show them, yes I know this was a bad thing

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
3/19/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

It seems you were talking about a few totally different things in the same question.

Basically, do you mean you want hide your IP address when you send an email to your friend's Gmail address? If yes, What is your email provider Please?

No that is not the question at all,
My ip address is showing that I logged into their email, now they want to see my computer ip address to check to see if it is the one that logged into their gmail account, is there a way to change my ip address so when they want to look at my address on the screen it is not the same one that logged into their account that they have a record of

> My ip address is showing that I logged into their email

What do you mean about this:

1. You accessed your friend's Gmail account, probably without his/her consent.

2. You send an email to your friend's Gmail address.

3. Your friend's Gmail account shows one activity indicating an account access was from your IP address, though you actually didn't do that.

4. Something else.

Please advise. Thanks.

1. You accessed your friend's Gmail account, probably without his/her consent -Yes
3. Your friend's Gmail account shows one activity indicating an account access was from your IP address, though you actually didn't do that- I did access the email and Gmail showed that someone accessed the account, as they notified them, and gmail has a screen that shows what ip address accessed the account, so now they want to see my ip address I am assuming to match them up, is there way to change ip address so the don't match up

If tell you what to do, will the police knock my door? :)

I am struggling what to do now.