Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Haven't received one all day, so I'm not sure. From my

Customer Question
Haven't received one all...

Haven't received one all day, so I'm not sure

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

From my browser and my cell phone too

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Some of my emails are being received and some not

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
3/19/2018
Email technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox Edge or Safari to access your emails?
  3. Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2016?
  4. What is the email provider of your email account -- Gmail? Yahoo Mail? Hotmail? or others?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Using a mac, safari, no ms outlook 2016, my provide is gmail

Thank you for writing back. Please confirm: You are using a mac and then you use Safari to access your Gmail account. Is that correct?

Thank you for that confirmation.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option or if you want to just follow procedures from me.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I dont believe my computer is the problem, its my email provider because I’m not receiving them on my cell either

Yes, I understand and you are correct. But with remote access, I can directly check your email account and your email program while you watch on your screen. That will be a better and faster mode of help in fixing your Gmail.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can follow procedures from you

Ok. Please open a new browser tab in Safari, then type www.gmail.com

If you see your Gmail account immediately, please tell me so that I can send you the next steps.

If you do not see your Gmail account immediately, click on SIGN IN and then enter your Gmail account and your password.

Please tell me when done.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m in

Thank you. Now, on the left panel, hover the mouse pointer to "More>" then click on it. Then locate and click on "All Mail".

Are your missing emails there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No they are not
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No emails since yesterday

Were you able to open the ALL MAIL link that I described?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found the problem, storage! Just upgraded.

I am glad that you found the problem. Please check your storage composition as well. Your Gmail could only be using a small portion of your disk storage. You might have used a lot of your storage for Google Drive and Google Photos.

However, since you already upgraded, there is no need to delete emails from your Gmail or files from your Google Drive or Google Photos. But you need to check that as well since you might be accumulating disk storage through those Google services, not just Gmail.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist