Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Nothing I forgot my password .Need to change it to access…

Customer Question
Nothing I forgot my...

Nothing I forgot my password ***** to change it to access email.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No not logged in yet

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Mothers maiden name

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need to change password

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Email
Just to change password
Are you almost done
3/19/2018
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 3 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?

Cell phone and gmail and chrome
Nope. I will wait.

Perfect. You will have to use a browser and reset it online.

Go to http://gmail.com in that browser.

Enter your email. Then hit forgot password. Then put in the old password ***** thought it was.

Then select your phone/device/email as the recovery option.

The web browser page you are in will give you a place to put in the code. Then you can reset

your password ***** there and security measures.

If you put in correct backup measures you still have access too, it will prompt you to change the password ***** there.

If you get stuck, let me know.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I hope and pray you can change it.

I cannot change it from here. You must follow those steps or do a remote or phone call offer for me to do this 'for' you.

Are you still there ?

Yes, please accept offer so we can do a remote or phone call for me to do this for you.