Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

IPad Screen is black. Siri works. Plugged it into Mac and it…

Customer Question
IPad Screen is black...

IPad Screen is black. Siri works. Plugged it into Mac and it recognizes that iPad is there, but I can't do anything because I can't access the iPad. Checked Voice Over and that is off.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Recently

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. I have never done that before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No. I just would like to get the iPad going again if possible

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/18/2018
Email technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top right) and Home button (on the front) simultaneously for about 10 seconds, or until you see an Apple logo.

The next thing you should see after the Apple logo is the lock or home screen a few minutes later.

If the above does not work, plug it straight into a power outlet and try again.

Thanks,