Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

For 2 years I used a business email account

For 2 years I...

For 2 years I used a business email account "*****@******.***". Just recently I stopped using it and helped my replacement person take over the account. However, I am unable to access pictures that I took with my phone. The Verizon store was unable to access my photos as well. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

My phone # is(###) ###-####

3/18/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Where did you store those pictures? on the phone or on the cloud?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I have a Windows computer, I stored the photos in the phone (I guess) but I never consciously stored them or backed them up. I looked at them quite often and they were all there until just a few days ago.

So are you saying that they are now missing on the phone? Did you or your replacement delete those pictures manually?

No, neither me nor my replacement did that.

If those emails were uploaded on the cloud, they could still be there. Do you remember linking your phone to a cloud service like Google Photos or Microsoft OneDrive?

I don't remember doing that.

Ok. Few more things:

1. Do you still use the phone now?
  2. Are you still able to access the Gmail account now?
  3. Did you or your replacement remove a memory card or SD card from the phone?
I still use the phone, my replacement has given me access to the email account, and we did not remove any sort of card.

Thank you. Now, you have 2 options to check. First is to check Google Photos or Google Drive if your pictures were uploaded there and local copies were removed. If that fails, then the next and only option left is to use a software tool to scan for your phone's deleted files and the pictures could still be recovered if their original location on the phone's memory are not yet replaced with new files.

A. Check Google Photos and Google Drive

Since you are still able to access the Gmail account that you used on your phone, please use a COMPUTER (not the phone) and access your Gmail using a web browser.

Using a web browser, please go to www.gmail.com

Login to the Gmail account

When logged in, look at the top right corner of the Gmail page. You will see there an icon that looks like a 3x3 cube near your Google avatar or profile picture. It is called "Google Apps" icon. Click on it, then click on PHOTOS. Then locate your pictures there.

If they are not there, go back to Gmail, click on the 3x3 cube icon again, then click on DRIVE. Locate the pictures there.

If the pictures are not on Google Photos or Google Drive, then they were NOT uploaded on the cloud using your Gmail account. Proceed to using a computer software to scan for deleted files on your phone.

B.1 Recovering Deleted Photos on your Phone

If the pictures were deleted accidentally, they can still be recovered using programs available online. The procedures is:

1. Install the program on a Windows computer
  2. Connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable. (Some chargers are the USB connectors)
  3. Run the program and then scan the phone for missing or deleted pictures.

Here are the links:

https://drfone.wondershare.com/android-data-recovery.html

https://www.easeus.com/android-data-recovery/recover-deleted-or-lost-android-photos-videos-with-or-without-computer.html

B.2 Using Recovery Apps

You can install apps from Google Play to scan your phone for deleted pictures. You can do this first if you have the phone right now then do the PC-procedures second if the missing picture are not detected.

The first App that are commonly used is the one from EaseUs. Go to Google Play on the phone, then search for "EaseUS MobiSaver for Android". Download it, install it, then scan your phone for deleted photos.

The second app is DiskDigger. Find it in Google Play and download it and then scan your phone. Here is the link for you to see on the PC but you need to search for it in Google Playstore to download and install it on your phone:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.defianttech.diskdigger&hl=en

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Thanks for your help. I will proceed with your advice later.

You're welcome and thank you for using our service.

If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist