Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I received a messageSupposedly from PayPal stating that

Customer Question
I received a messageSupposedly...

I received a messageSupposedly from PayPal stating that someone tried to buy a $1200 phone on eBay. They stated they could help me if I responded within 24 hours. What made me think it might not be on the up and up is they were asking for my Social Security number and I never put that on an email. Does PayPal ask for Social security numbers to resolve conflicts ?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update PayPal?

I don’t remember. I think I used it for an online purchase I have a purse about two weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your PayPal?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if someone really tried to access my PayPal account or if they are just trying to get my so security number

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Email technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Chris!

This sounds like a scam. Can you tell me what the return address is on the e-mail?

For instance, if you click the Reply button what is the e-mail address that it wants to send the reply to?