Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My wife has been trying to open her Yahoo email for 3 days.

Customer Question
My wife has been...

My wife has been trying to open her Yahoo email for 3 days. It wont recognize her password. It wont sent het an Account Security key. Very frustrating

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

EVERYTHING can we get someone to clear her password ***** let her change it?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You cant answer via email as Yahoo wont let her into that account. Can you text to(###) ###-####or can we call you?
3/18/2018
Email technician: Jamie Macko, Email Specialist replied 1 month ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Email Specialist

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.

We can do a remote session that will have a chat session included so we do not have to email. Would you like to start a remote session and I can assist with the password *****?

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
will the remote session help her get ito her account?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
cant you just send a security key so she can change her password?

It will help get that resolved. I can not send a key as we are not part of yahoo's system. I would need to assist you in resetting it through Yahoo's servers.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cancel my account

I can provide the steps for resetting the yahoo account if you would like to attempt it on your own again and see if you are able to get it reset.
Let me know if you would like me to send those.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is Mrs.Bernard. Are your directions any different than what is on the email help page for Yahoo?
I am still sitting in front of my computer waiting for an account key to enter in so I can reset my password. I wait three to five minutes on a resend to the account.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

Hello Mrs. Bernard,
Here is what I was going to instruct you to do. Give these a try if you havent already. Also, do you have access to the recovery account that it is trying to email? Usually it will try to email a different email address that you own in order to verify that it is really you asking for the password *****

Use the Sign-in Helper to reset your Yahoo password ***** regain access to your account. For account security,

we'll only display some of the options below. The Yahoo system determines which options to display based on factors

like where you’re signing in from and recovery info on your account. Mobile phone number and alternate email address.

• Go to the Sign-in Helper. (https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username?done=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2F&authMechanism=secondary&sessionIndex=QQ--)
  • Enter your phone number or email address.
  • Click Continue.
  • If prompted, enter the CAPTCHA code.
  • If you can receive text messages to the number listed, click Yes, text me an Account Key.

If you have access to the email address listed, click Yes, send me an Account Key.

• Depending on the option you've selected, Yahoo will send an Account Key to your phone or email.
  • Enter the Account Key that Yahoo sent in the field provided, then click Verify.
  • Select an account to reset from the list connected to your mobile number or email address.

-If you see an account that's not yours, You can remove it by clicking remove it here.

• Click Continue.

Let me know how this goes for you.

-Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dear Jamie,
Yes, we have.
Everything you have sent us.
Now we are getting messages there is a problem. They are having issues.
Thank you for your time; now you contact Yahoo and let them know you can help them
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am in my account.
Thank you
Cheryl Bernard
Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist

You're welcome. Great. Also, make sure she does not have the Yahoo Account Key option enabled in her yahoo email account at the website below:

https://login.yahoo.com/account/security

- At the above website, make sure it shows the phrase "Password ***** *****" is showing under the section "How you sign in", then her yahoo email account is fine from now on.

Email technician: Viet - Email Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 29 days ago

Do you need help with anything else today?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Viet - Email Tech
Viet - Email Tech