Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

New phone does not recognize email account;

Customer Question
New phone does not...

New phone does not recognize email account;***@******.***.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Cell phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I tied to recover password, couldn't. forgot password. came into Apple store and they referred me to you.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just those two thing; not able to access account and not receiving emails.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/19/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

What kind of phone is it? iPhone or Android?

Are you able to access the same Gmail from your computer? Via web or using an email client program?

Please advise. Thanks.

iPhone 8 and I do not access it with another device. I only use my cell phone.

Please click HERE to verify your password ***** web. Thanks.

Did that, still unable to access. I don’t remember password ***** if I answered the questions correctly.

Please click HERE to try restoring your account.

Please only try for once, never repeated resetting. Otherwise Google will think it is attach and offer more things to be done.

If successful, congratulations.

If failed, please advise the question asked by Google during the resetting process.

Thanks.

It did not work. I still am unable to access my email account. Can I speak with someone so I can give them my personal info to prove I am who I say I am. Google says that they could not verify I am who I say I am.

> Can I speak with someone so I can give them my personal info to prove I am who I say I am.

It seems you are referring to speak with someone at Google. If so, unfortunately, no. Google doesn't provide any peer-to-peer support for their consumers services (free products) such as Gmail and Google Search. See below the official statement.

Contact Google Email Support

https://support.google.com/a/answer/1047213