Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need a password to enter new account for a cellphone. Do…

Customer Question
I need a password...

I need a password ***** enter new account for a cellphone. Do not remember my old password.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes on a kindle and the lap-top.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not that I remember.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/18/2018
Email technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your smartphone question.

Recalling a Google account password ***** I am guessing it is a Google account, if you have an Android type smartphone to register to your account... is often a problem, so proceed slowly and devote some time to the task, when you will not be interrupted nor have to leave off... say about 1/2 hour.

You will have to go to the Google.com login screen for your account name ... e.g. with a web browser, opening the page https://www.google.com and choosing 'Sign In' at upper right corner... and when a guess at your password ***** ***** you click on 'Recover your password' or 'Forgot your password?', and follow through the process carefully.

If you set up Security Questions, you will be asked for their answers. If you set up a 'recovery phone #', then you will get a text message sent there - otherwise, check your other email accounts (not GMail) for the recovery email, which you will need to open, and follow directions in, to reset your Google account's password.

I hope this goes through OK. (Note: if it is for an iPhone instead and not for a Google account, let me know in Reply, for the procedure is quite different for an Apple device.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.