Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have been locked out of my gmail account, help! No set…

I have been locked...

I have been locked out of my gmail account, help!

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

No

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

No set this up years ago and do not remember password ***** when I signed up

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have email on my cell phone
3/18/2018
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

You will need to visit the following website so you can try and reset your password.

https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery and then enter your google account email or phone number that may be associated with the account. Then continue to answer the on-screen questions. If you do not know a question, there is a “try a different question” link under each question window.

What is your gmail email address I can try for you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried that 4 times and it has not worked, getting very frustrated!

What is your gmail address, I wouldn't like to charge you extra to do something like this as you requested remote assistance.

Thank you, ***** *****

Do you still have access to the email of wil•••••••@hotmail.com. Also, can you tell me the full email?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tried that to and no luck***@******.***

no this email starts with a wil and is @hotmail.com

what is the email wil•••••••@hotmail.com and do you have access to this email?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry***@******.***

Thats ok, do you have access to this email, meaning have you been into this email recently or remember the password ***** it so you can check if I were to send you an email to***@******.***

That is because I sent you an email with a code that is needed so we can proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried to get into it yesterday and could not get into it. Try this one***@******.***

no the thing is that we have to use***@******.*** because that is the only email account that is associated with your***@******.***. We have to use***@******.*** first no matter what or you will never be able to get into your ***@******.*** again. So therefore, we need to also try and reset your***@******.*** password ***** well and need to do that first so we can get the email we need.

wait scratch that for now. I tried to send one to***@******.*** so please check that email account first

If you can check***@******.*** please tell me the code as fast as you can as it will time out on my end. If not we may need to try again

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
472427

Thats ok but for some reason google is very strict with the security for these type of things and still didnt allow us to reset your pass but please don't give up we can try and reset your***@******.*** as that one should work for sure since its on the gmail account. Let me see our options for that.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks Jon I still have some hair left

:) sorry I know its frustrating no more hair pulling....ok please tell me the full phone number of Text ********38 so I can try and send a text

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1(###) ###-####

ok I sent a code to that number please tell me the code

Did you receive a text yet to the phone 1(###) ###-#### We may need to try again if not as this times out as well.

Still with me?

No rush just making sure so we can get your hotmail fixed and continue with reseting your gmail account.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I sent it to my gmail account but that may have wrong, should it be the hotmail?

no I sent you a text message not an email and the text message was sent to 1(###) ###-#### Are you able to recieve text messages on this phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got the number but where do I enter it?

no you need to tell me the code that is in the text on your phone. I think by now it probably timed out but thats ok I can still try this number but may need to send you another since this took a while.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry my bad(###) ###-####

Guess what?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It timed out?

It WORKED!........

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yay!!!!! So I should be able to log in to my gmail account?

So now here is what I need you to do.

First your password ***** your hotmail currently that I reset it to just for now is changeme1234

So please go to your***@******.*** and sign in with the password ***** and look for the newest apple reset email I sent you earlier.

sorry not apple email lol your gmail reset

so in your***@******.*** account please see if you find a gmail reset password ***** so you can reset your gmail password ***** :)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Did you find the gmail reset email in your***@******.*** account?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I entered the info and get this message "something went wrong try again later"

OK one sec

OK now for***@******.*** use the password ***** :) but please please please change your password

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will as soon as I get on there. Thank you soooooo much Jon

Your soooo welcome. Do me a favor and please rate my services with the stars next to my name if you feel that I have helped you today. It also lets others know I am here to help.

Thanks and take care!

Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok you take care as well
Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist