Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I want to unlike someone from my side of my mail account if…

Customer Question
I want to unlike...

I want to unlike someone from my side of my mail account if you can get on my comp.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Out look live

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Unlinking someone from my mail

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/18/2018
Email technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 4 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Do you mean you want to 'block' someone from your email contacts and filter them to spam?

Please clarify.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

there mail is linked to my side of the comp
can you help

I dont know what you mean by your side of the computer. That is not an actual term.

Do you mean you have their email popping up on your account when you try to log in with your own email and want to delete their email so it doesnt show when you try to view email?

It is linked to my mail

What is 'it'?

I need you to be very specific please.

Or do you mean when you click on the email icon on your account when you sign in, it shows their mail too, but you said you were using a browser.

Please clarify.

it shows there email to on mine

Perfect. Now, this is important. "how" are you accessing that email?

To unlink will be different directions depending on 'how' you get in your mail.

When you get to your desktop:

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope)

Or Using a regular browser such as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc? and putting in gmail.com/outlook.com/yahoo.com etc?

windows live

Ok, thank you. One last thing and i can send you directions. Are you on windows 7/8/ or10?

10

Delete an account from the Mail and Calendar apps

1. In either the Mail or Calendar apps, choose Settings in the lower-left corner.

Note: If you're using a phone or tablet, choose More at the bottom of the page to see the Settings option.

2. Choose Manage Accounts, and then choose the account that you want to remove.

3. Choose Delete account. If you don't see the Delete account option, you're probably trying to remove the default email account added when you logged on to Windows 10. You can turn off email from this account instead.

Note: The Delete account option removes the account from the Mail and Calendar apps, but does not affect the account itself. For example, if you remove an Outlook.com account from the Mail and Calendar apps, you can still access that account using another email client or on the web at https://outlook.com.

Turn off email for an account

If you want to disable email for an account, either because you can't delete the default account or because you only want to use an account for your calendar, you can modify the sync settings for the account.

1. Choose Settings in the lower-left corner.

2. Choose Manage Accounts, and then choose the account you no longer want to receive email from.

3. Choose Change mailbox sync settings, then scroll down to Sync options.

4. Use the slider to set Email to Off and then choose Done > Save.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

Were you able to remove them?

No can you get on my computer to see this

Yes, i just sent the offer. Hit accept and i will send you directions how to connect with me from your pc and get this resolved for you right away.

I do not see it

I just sent it to you again.

do you have to pay for this

Yes, it is an additional fee, but i am not customer service. I only deal with the tech side of your issue.

no thanks I don't want to pay for this

No problem. I am a tech, so i cannot see that side of your account.

You can go here for a refund or call customer service if you decide to discontinue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

customer service:
US / Canada 1-***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

If you decide that you want to continue after you 'compare' tech support costs/ease of access or feel you need to continue here, just reply with the answers previously asked.

Have a great day!
Franklin