Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I need to change my phone number with Lyft. I tried online…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my phone number with Lyft. I tried online but ended up going in circles. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Lyft?

About 3 months ago when I started using the Lyft app.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Lyft?

I used it once with success when I first installed the app. I tried to get a ride for tomorrow morning at 420 AM. It appears successful so far, but I'm afraid that the driver might use my old phone number which could cause problems.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/18/2018
Email technician: Moses C,
 replied 4 months ago
Moses C

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing such trouble with your phone number update.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.

Email technician: Moses C,
 replied 4 months ago

How to change your phone number on Lyft account

Facebook login: If you created your account with Facebook, tap 'Settings' to change your phone number. Tap your existing phone, then type in your new number. Don't forget to save!

Phone number login: If you created your account with a phone number, we'll update it for you. Tap 'Contact Support' below with the following:

1. Your old phone number
  2. The new phone number you'd like it changed to
  3. A copy of your driver's license (for drivers) or photo ID (for passengers)

Heads up: If you're a driver, please reach out to us when changing your phone number. Creating a new driver account can result in a loss of your ride data (including your star rating or lifetime ride count).

Note that the Lyft app won't work with voice-over internet phone (VoIP) numbers or landlines. If you aren't sure what type of phone number you have, contact your service provider or check Twilio.

Email technician: Moses C,
 replied 4 months ago

My priority is 100% customer satisfaction, complete the rating after the problem is fixed/resolved and if you are unable to follow any given steps please click on View response/reply button and post me a reply i will continue in assisting you further.

This is exactly the same information I Got on the net and got nowhere with it. It just lead me through a never ending loop. I’m very disappointed with your answer
I can’t wait 24 hours because my ride is scheduled for between 420 and 4:30 AM tomorrow.