Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Someone hacked my account and changed all my passwords and…

Customer Question
Someone hacked my account...

Someone hacked my account and changed all my passwords and information I've tried all the prompts and called Verizon

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

I'm in a custody battle and my husband did this to try and get into my Verizon account .

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

So he logged me out and logged himself in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

He changed everything

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Email
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I can't access or download new apps . It's linked to everything on my phone and has all my contacts etc
3/18/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 5 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Can you please confirm if the email account in question is with Verizon, having an email address that looks like***@******.*** (which is recently migrated to AOL)?

What's your evidence or symptom to support what you speculated being hacked? Please paste the notification, message you received or simply upload a few screenshots to tell more info.

Thanks.

Are you getting the screenshots ? It doesn't look like they are attached
Screenshot_20180318-084143.pngScreens...pngScreenshot_20180318-084334.pngScreens...pngScreenshot_20180318-084415.pngScreens...pngScreenshot_20180318-084456.pngScreens...png

Thanks for the screenshots. Can you please advise the name of the app in the screenshots?

Which app?

Okay, I think it is caused by your Gmail settings.

Please click HERE to visit your Gmail via web and let me know if you can log on using the password ***** know.

FYI - I am in a remote session now, so can't be available for about 30 - 50 mins.

However, please do update me your progress here. Thanks.

He changed everything so I cannot recover the gmail . I'm not sure how to even go about getting it back.
Screenshot_20180318-090127.pngScreens...pngScreenshot_20180318-090140.pngScreens...pngScreenshot_20180318-090303.pngScreens...pngScreenshot_20180318-090538.pngScreens...png

Were the questions asked Google still those you set up? e.g. phone number, recover email and security question?

but everything was changed or I didn't know when I had set up the account to confirm

Did the answer hints, e.g. cwa***@gmail.com still match your original answers?

He changed everything so I've tried several more times yesterday and today . That is his email
If I delete the account off my phone will it shut it down or will it still be accessed to him. I don't want to report it just fix it. But if I have to .

> If I delete the account off my phone will it shut it down

If you are talking about to ONLY remove email access to the given Gmail address from your phone, it will have no impact to your phone.

As you are using an Android phone, probably you are also using the Gmail account to sign on Google services such Google Play on the phone. Is it the case of you?

> or will it still be accessed to him.

As mentioned above, if your phone is signed in using that Gmail address for Google services, he may access your phone's data from the Google side, including tracking your location.

> I don't want to report it just fix it.

Do you who he is in person?

It's my google attached to the phone. He is my husband and we are having custody issues. He is doing all sorts of things to me worse than this so I'm just trying to shut him down.

Sorry for the typo. I mean: Do you know who he is in person?

he is my husband and took off with my kids and started doing all sorts of things like hacking my email and locking me out of my Amazon kindle, music, etc . Now that he controls my account he can do all sorts of things
At this point I would just like to shut it down but I don't even have a way of doing that.

> At this point I would just like to shut it down

If you are no longer interested in accessing the given Gmail address, you may simply remove it from your phone.

As I don't know the details of you phone, I just give you the general steps below for your reference.

https://www.lifewire.com/remove-google-account-from-android-4151120

I tried to remove the account but I have no access to it. Plus he can still use all the information . Credit cards etc