Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have three gmail accounts. I only need one. The first

Customer Question
I have three gmail...

I have three gmail accounts. I only need one. The first account hasn't been used by me in years, although it continues to accumulate all sorts of mail that I never even look at. The last account was created inadvertently, but I just recently realized it is considered my main account by Google Play. How can I delete the two unwanted accounts without jeopardizing the one account I want to keep? Whenever I begin to delete anything "Google," I am warned that deleting the account will result in a complete cut off of all Google apps.

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Phone. Occasionally a tablet and almost never by browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is it, motivated by the realization Google Play considers the never-used account as primary.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. Maybe it's better left alone. There's no harm in the status quo, other than the nagging thought of it being incorrect

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Email
3/18/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 6 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

> How can I delete the two unwanted accounts

Are you able to log on with the 1st and 3rd accounts to be deleted?

I don't remember the passwords. But, yes, I suppose I can if I can recover the passwords.
Please go to below site trying resetting the password ***** the two accounts. Please do this for just once, do not repeatedly give unsuccessful attempt there as it will cause more troubles. Google may think someone is attacking this account and apply more protection to it.Google Account Recovery
https://accounts.google.com/signin/recoveryIf successful, congratulations.If unsuccessful, please advise the questions (just questions, no answers) asked by Google during the password ***** process.