Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

My Panasonic phone KX-TG5631 won't answer calls (says I'm…

Customer Question
My Panasonic phone KX-TG5631...

My Panasonic phone KX-TG5631 won't answer calls (says I'm unavailable). and I can't dial out.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TG5631? What have you tried so far?

I changed batteries. I went to the instruction manual and reset the phone. It has been going on for a few weeks.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/17/2018
Email technician: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) When someone calls you, do they get a busy signal, error message, or does it just ring endlessly?