Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I cannot get to my email. Address: jo*********@gmail.com. I…

I cannot get to...

I cannot get to my email. Address: jo*********@gmail.com

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I don't know. Browser I thiink. Google?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Not sure but dont think so

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. Why do I have to pay for your help since I have Google? Does Google not provide help services?

3/17/2018
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your email. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Google are free accounts for gmail and Apple for apple id. They will not give it back unless you can recover it due to this. They require in your agreement that you keep current back up methods as your due diligence to keep the account.
There is not a 'person' that monitors those accounts. It is a computer system. Which is why once you are locked out, you cannot change an old phone number, security questions, email or password ***** we can get back in through all attempts at recovery. This is why there is a paid support, and not free.

They do consider their monitoring system support which is why they asked users to sign the agreement saying they would put in back up measures that is current to access their online support.

Would you like to continue with tech support?

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
34;They will not give it back unless you can recover it due to this." Questions: Who is 'They?' What is "it"? what is "this"? I do not know how "to keep current back up methods" How does one get "locked out" of one's own account or email? Isacc Franklin, somebody needs to rewrite the above paragraphs in parlance that a neophyte like me can understand!Yes, continue.

That is the terms summed up that you signed with google accounts. If you do not put in proper backup and recover methods that you have access, Googles computer system wont recognize you as the owner and will require you make another account. They wont give the old one back. There are not 'people' who have access to those billions of free emails that can let you in. It is a computer system that reviews your information you put in when trying to recover it.

That is who 'they' are. But, if you used that email on a computer before, we may be able to 'reveal' the password ***** of recover it by those forms you keep failing.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Some how I acquired a "recovery account" because I did not know what I was doing. Please get rid of that email address as (1)Windows 10

My email address is jo*********@gmail.com That is the address I wish to be (1) and the one that receives my email.

To start the connection, please click this link.
These steps need

to be done from your pc or mac only. Other devices such as phone/ipad/tablet etc will not
be able to use remote support.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=cffcb3ea-c8fc-467c-808c-9b36c93a2353

On the next page, scroll down and click the agree button.. It should then ask you to save or run the elsinore screen connect file. Run it, and then when it asks you to allow it, do so. That will connect us.

If you get stuck completing the above steps try them again, and if you still cant connect send a reply and let me know what web browser you are using, so I can give you specific steps on how to connect.

Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

I have had session open and waiting for 2 1/2 hours. I will be leaving office in a bit.

I am on EST and working tomorrow too if you want another time to connect or call.

I am leaving another session open for you when you are ready today.

These steps need

be able to use remote support.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=fc069b60-b8e3-426d-837b-f78e593ec39d