Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I am trying to set up my email account on the desktop and I…

I am trying to...

I am trying to set up my email account on the desktop and I continually get an error that my email is out of date. It asks for my password. I find that it ALWAYS duplicates the password ***** on its own. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure just want this to work correctly. I can search for Yahoo Mail on EDGE and manually log in with the exact same password ***** get to my mail account. Cannot use the desk top icon and get past the out of date email nonsense

3/17/2018
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Do you manually type in the password ***** edge to access yahoo emails or is it automatically filled in ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

When I type the password ***** the dialog box that pops up, it seems to double the entry from 8 to 16 characters. Naturally that comes back as an out of date or incorrect password

No that is not doubling your password ***** actually showing encrypted version of the password ***** no need to worry about it.

John, Email Support Specialist

To do remote support please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=01b88a55-8e82-4eea-9cba-d761b2ab1135 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it. If it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Not sure I am setting up a new computer that was working fine and then had the hard drive go bad.

No problem i will check it directly.

Email account issue has been solved using remote support.Have a Great God Blessed Day.
If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/
Sincerely,