Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I setup a facebook account in 2009 with an email address…

I setup a facebook...

I setup a facebook account in 2009 with an email address that has been terminated about 24 months ago and there is no server connection or ability to activate or get messages on this account as it is inactive. Therefore, I am unable to change email address in Facebook as in order to add or delete an email, FB sends an email to account they have on record for verification, which I cannot receive as account is inactive. So, I dont know how to change email to current email. Therefore I have been unable to activate FB on I phone

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Facebook account on any other devices?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I may have security questions

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I may have a phone number on file, but not sure

3/17/2018
John, Email Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Do you currently have access to your Facebook account on your computer or any other devices?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

I do have access to FB account on my Mac Pro

Could you please sign in to your Facebook account in your computer and let me know.

I am signed into Facebook

Please open this link : - https://www.facebook.com/settings in your computer and let me know.

I have opened settings on computer
I have opened settings on computer what do I do next

One moment please.

Please go to contact in general tab and then click on edit and let me know.

i apologize for the delay.

I have opened contact edit

now click on add another email or mobile number and enter the working email address

I have addend new email and it asked for my password ***** I have forgotten

is your mobile phone number listed in facebook ?

How would I determine that

is it showing in the contact area?

No it is not showing

In that case phone number is ***** added.let me see if i can connect to your computer and do anything else.

Here is the tool for remote support it’s called Team Viewer, to download it click on this link https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg then click on download Team viewer. Download and install it then let me know the id and password it shows. Do not close the Team-Viewer window or this chat page.

I think I just got my password ***** Hold on

Good,check it and let me know.

I think I have reset

Good now change the email like i mentioned above to the working email address and then verify it.Once that is done let me know.

I have verified and saved changes

did you made the working email are primary email account.

Also add your mobile phone number too in the Facebook.

How do I add phone number
I figured it out and added phone number
I am set

can you access your Facebook in phone now ?

I can accessed fob on mobile

Glad to hear that.

Is there anything else you like to know? Let me know

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,

John, Email Support Specialist