Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

While I was entering mynew renewal of my 5 devices one year…

Customer Question
While I was entering...

While I was entering mynew renewal of my 5 devices one year subscription because my current Norton system had just expired. I was having some problems and a tech person cut I and said that I was having problems because my system had a Trojan. He represented himself as being an employee of Noton. This appened two das ago. However, I think I have been scamed, I am sorry to say. He needed a credit ard from wich he was going to take money from to remove the Trojan etc. and clear my computer. However after thinking things over and copying a report that I pringed from the FEderal Trade Commission, I figured I should get in touch withb you. He came in on the work I was doing wih Norton. Any suggestions. I tried to get in touch with my credit card company, but mI have to call them in the morning. How could he get in on the work I was doing with you?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

I use microsoft

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far to uninstall your Norton software?

Nothing. Because, Norton was updated, and I am now covered for 364 days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I havae a feeling this tech is from India. He gave me his tech name and case number ***** phone number. He said I should not talk to any one except him. The more I started thinking about this....the more I felt that maybe something was wrong. I could see him running through all my records flipping through the screen. I thought this was something that a Norton tech would do....I am not expert on this unfortunately

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/17/2018
Email technician: arsufi2002, Other replied 4 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Other

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Do you want me to check your computer for any issues?