Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

Over the past month I have had at least three cases of email…

Customer Question
Over the past month...

Over the past month I have had at least three cases of email sent from outside the U.S. that did not reach me either without a delay of weeks or not at all.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Iphone or tablet

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, I have no idea where to begin

Technician's Assistant: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not though I am now using my laptop

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/17/2018
Email technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant

Did the sender receive any bounced-back email (non-delivery notification) after sending email to you from overseas?

No

If the sender didn't receive notification from Google via their email provider, that meant the emails were delivered to Gmail side, technically. Do you have rules applied to your incoming emails? Please check it as per below official guide.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

As I stated on another feedback form, I have no filters on any email
far I have learned no more than I did from some YouTube videos. Isn't gmail responsible for mail sent through its system?

I would suggest a remote session, in that way I can send emails from various provider to test your mailbox and determine where the emails go to.

no, thank you.