Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I can't send messages out on my ************ Gmail..

Customer Question
I can't send messages...

I can't send messages out on my ************

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Gmail.. ************

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Tablet and galaxy phone

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Shutting down devices and power back up..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

It's been happening for a while now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Email
3/16/2018
Email technician: hongkongpom, Other replied 4 months ago
hongkongpom

Hello in your email app please try changing the outgoing smtp port from 25 to 587 with no encryption.

If no luck then try 587 with TLS encryption but this will only work if your webhosting company supports encryption.

If that doesn't work, then please change the smtp server address to the smtp server for the company that you are using to connect to the Internet.

How do i find the am to settings

Hello there you need to click the mail app icon and then from the top left click the horizontal lines. At the bottom it says "Manage accounts". Click that and you'll see your email account. Click that and go to the bottom where it says "More settings". Click that and click the "outgoing settings" at the bottom.

Yours may look a little different as you haven't said what models of phone or Tablet you use. Also the mail apps are different. But the bot***** *****ne is that you need to look for the outgoing settings for your email account.