Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

I have an email with no sender and no message with a date…

I have an email...

I have an email with no sender and no message with a date 1969 on it that won't delete. I also have a number 1 sowing on my Pandora app that won't come off. There is no message waiting on Pandora.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

On my iPad

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just clearing it. Trash, shutting the device down.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just this problem.

3/16/2018
Dustin, Email Specialist
Experience: Specializing in Thunderbird, Eudora, Outlook, Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail, Windows Live mail, Incredimail and a few others! Also Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

try tapping and holding the pandora app till it wiggles, then delete / trash it.

Then do the same for the outlook app.. Once thats done, hold down the sleep wake button and the home button at the same time , for one minute. Then restart the ipad.

Then, reinstall the pandora app, and then reinstall the outlook app. Then test.

if this doesnt fix the issue, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, Email Specialist
Sorry I didn't get back to you, I'm in the middle of moving. It seemed to work on the Pandora app. I haven't tried the Hotmail yet. I had tried this before, I just didn't reboot so that was why it failed I guess. Thank you for your help.
I can not delete the Hotmail app - the icon doesn't give me the "x" to do so.

Try the outlook app instead. You can get it here

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-outlook/id951937596?mt=8

Thanks very much.