Email

Need help with email? Ask your email questions online

How do I add the email account to my computer and phone??

Customer Question
How do I add the***@******.***...
How do I add the***@******.*** email account to my computer and phone??
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Email
3/16/2018
Email technician: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome! I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

I'd be happy to help you set it up with some instructions. Starting with your computer, do you have Outlook?

Also, do you know the password ***** your gmail account?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have Outlook and I have the password.

Great. Are you comfortable with instruction setting up an email account or would you like additional assistance to do so?

Some don't want to dig into it and some like the challenge.

If you access Outlook, can I have you click on Help and About Microsoft Outlook and tell me your version? That way I can provide specific steps as some versions vary.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have Outlook 1802

You have Windows 10?

Does your Outlook say Outlook 2016 or Outlook 365?

That's the last question about your Outlook version once answered.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
outlook 365

Okay, so with Gmail, it takes a little back work to start being able to add it to an email client. It's just a one time step before we can set it up in Outlook.

We have to turn on 2-Step verification.

To turn on 2-step verification

1. Sign in to your Gmail account

2. Select Google apps > My Account.

3. On the My Account page choose Sign-in & security.

4. Under the Password & sign-in method, choose the arrow next to the 2-Step verification, and provide your password ***** asked.

5. On the Signing in with 2-step verification page, choose Start setup.

6. Re-enter your password ***** asked, and in the Set up your phone step, enter or verify your cell phone. On the next step enter the verification number sent to your cell phone and choose Verify.

7. In the Trust this computer step choose Next, and in the Turn on 2-step verification step choose Confirm.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK. Tell me how to set it up. I am not paying $39. It appears like this is a scam to get me to pay more money.

Please disregard the pop up ad. The site will offer that to you if you opt to have me securely connect to your computer. Based on our interaction, you won't need me to connect to your computer. That's why I had asked early on if you are comfortable following some steps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am comfortable following some steps.

Just click on the X on that ad. It's not offered by me directly, but it's offered by the site. So please disregard. Did you see my earlier steps to follow to active your 2 way authentication?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I did not see your earlier steps. What do I do now?
We have to turn on 2-Step verification. To turn on 2-step verificationSign in to your Gmail accountSelect Google apps > My Account.On the My Account page choose Sign-in & security.Under the Password & sign-in method, choose the arrow next to the 2-Step verification, and provide your password ***** asked.On the Signing in with 2-step verification page, choose Start setup.Re-enter your password ***** asked, and in the Set up your phone step, enter or verify your cell phone. On the next step enter the verification number sent to your cell phone and choose Verify.In the Trust this computer step choose Next, and in the Turn on 2-step verification step choose Confirm.

Did you have any issues with those steps?

Cabletech
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist